Friday, February 15, 2013

NaHai WriMo - Day 15 - orange


I love the color orange - especially in nature.  If it were up to me I would have a totally orange garden.  But then, it would be a blur and I would not appriciate what I put in the pots and the ground as much.

I am taking a Master Gardener class and I get to design and tend an herb bed.  The first thing I want to put in it is nauturiums. I was introduced to them back in my catering days when they were used as a salad garnish.

Since I always like to wear a pallet of compliemetary colors, I decided that I need to have purple and yellow/gold in the herb bed.  I looked up some herbs to get the colors I wanted as the anchor for the design.

I might sneak in a persian sheild and maybe one or two other striking plants in the herb bed as section dividers.


this year's herb garden
orange nausturiums, perilla
and tricolor sage

No comments: